DBHIDS Trauma Transformation Initiative
DBHIDS developed the Trauma Transformation Initiative to increase understanding about how trauma and other adverse experiences impact people in recovery and to promote evidence-based trauma-specific services.
The Initiative’s goals include:
- Supporting the development of an integrated behavioral health care system that promotes recovery and resilience
- Creating a more trauma-informed system of care by promoting trauma-informed practices, policies, and environment
- Building system capacity by increasing the number of clinical staff trained in evidence-based treatment that facilitates trauma recovery
- Improving outcomes and the quality of behavioral health services for those affected by trauma
About the Trauma Transformation Unit (TTU)
The mission of TTU is to support the Department’s transformation a Recovery and Resilience Oriented behavioral health system. TTU develops strategies to integrate trauma-informed and focused principles, practices and resources within our current services from utilizing a public health framework. The Trauma Unit promotes public awareness and understanding about trauma and its impact on individuals, families and communities. TTU assists with training and workforce development in both evidenced based and trauma informed practices to improve the overall quality of trauma services among our provider network and our cross system partners. The Trauma Unit builds cross system collaborations through current and new partnerships and outreach efforts with various city departments, judicial systems, academic institutions, hospitals and community based organizations.
If you would like more information about our many activities please contact, Ava Ashley, Trauma Unit Manager at email@example.com.
Children: Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) is designed to help children and adolescents and their parents overcome the negative effects of traumatic life events.
PACTS is a network of child serving systems and organizations in Philadelphia that provides the most effective practices for traumatized youth and their families. If you or a loved one is dealing with a traumatic or stressful event, please contact one of the 13 PACTS agencies. Click here for more information.
Adults: Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) is a treatment for adults who are experiencing symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The PE initiative includes a network of agencies that provide screening and trauma focused treatment for adults who have experienced a traumatic event and/or co-occurring mental health and addiction needs. If you or a loved one is dealing with a traumatic or stressful event, please contact an agency that provides trauma-specific services in Philadelphia. Click here for more information.
- Leadership Team
- Division of Behavioral Health
- Division of Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Division of Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Division of Administration and Finance
- Division of the Chief Medical Officer
- Division of Planning and Innovation
- Immigrant Affairs and Language Access Services
- Community-Based Services Development Unit (CBSD)
- Transformation Research Unit
- Training Unit
- DBHIDS Trauma Transformation Initiative
- Peer Culture and Community Inclusion Unit
- P.A.C.E. Strategic Framework
- Grants Opportunities
- DBHIDS Study Tours