Office of the DBHIDS Commissioner
The Commissioner sets the vision and direction for the work of the City of Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services. The office is responsible for leadership over the seven DBHIDS divisions and for the organization, prioritization, and achievement of the Department’s overall goals.
- The Commissioner of DBHIDS and the Office of the Commissioner is the representative of the Department to internal and external communities, as well as with local, state, and federal partners
- Through initiative prioritization and through alignment, coordination, and integration of efforts, the Commissioner’s Officer implements the Department’s priority of addressing Trauma, achieving Equity, and engaging Community (TEC)
- By adhering to the Department’s strategic plan, PACE, and the tenets of TEC, the Commissioner’s Office obtains measurable outcomes that move us forward toward the Department’s goals of improving the behavioral health and wellness of all Philadelphians
- Office liaises with the provider network and external stakeholders to ensure equitable access to quality behavioral health services for all Philadelphians
- Supporting the DBHIDS Advisory Board, the Faith and Spiritual Affairs Advisory Board, and other community convenings, and leading the Executive Director’s meetings to ensure integration of stakeholder voices in policy and practice development.
- Coordinating the Department’s work addressing the social determinants of health as a whole person health approach
- Implementing and managing cross-agency initiatives and programs.
- Deepening systems approaches to solving complex issues focusing on data and integration of projects to increase our understanding of the system’s effectiveness and reach, and to ensure highest quality of trauma-informed and trauma-mitigating behavioral health and related services.
The Commissioner’s Office’s work includes:
- Systems Integration Unit – seeks to align, coordinate, integrate, and connect information across the department and city agencies to address the behavioral health needs and challenges of the residents of Philadelphia.
- TEC (Trauma, Equity, Community) – DBHIDS uses this lens for all our work by asking ourselves how our efforts address Trauma, achieve Equity, and engage Community.
- Communications Unit – facilitates all DBHIDS internal and external communications; works closely with DBHIDS, City of Philadelphia, and other partners to help educate, strengthen, and serve individuals and communities so that all Philadelphians can thrive.
- Leadership Team
- Commissioner's Office
- Behavioral Health Division
- Division of Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Division of Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Division of Administration, Finance, and Quality
- Division of the Chief Medical Officer
- Division of Planning Innovation
- Behavioral Health and Justice Division
- Contact Us
- P.A.C.E. Strategic Framework
- Grants Opportunities
- DBHIDS Study Tours