Division of Planning Innovation
The Division of Planning Innovation develops and implements strategies to advance the transformation of Philadelphia’s behavioral health system to a recovery-oriented system of care using Public Health strategies. The key goals of this transformation include:
- Shift the treatment focus from “stabilization” to recovery responsive to the needs of people in recovery
- Empower people to direct their recovery journey
- Recognize and engage treatment providers, family members, and community-based supports and organizations as valuable partners in the recovery process
- Help people move beyond their limitations and toward fulfilling lives in the community
- Community Wellness Engagement Unit -multilingual engagement team providing greater access to wellness-related resources and support for all communities.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Team – shifting the culture in a bold way by collecting, reporting, monitoring data, and building partnerships with various stakeholders.
- Trauma Transformation Unit– fostering a greater awareness and understanding of the unique needs of individuals affected by trauma
- Community-based Service Development Unit – developing partnerships, strategies and resources to help people in recovery successfully integrate into their communities
- Research Unit – applies tools from research, epidemiology, and evaluation fields to support decision making in DBHIDS
- Peer Culture and Community Inclusion Unit – actively engages, supports, and models the promotion of hope, wellness and empowerment throughout the Behavioral Health system of Philadelphia and beyond