Office of the Chief Digital Officer
Formerly the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
The Office of the Chief Digital Officer is responsible for department-wide coordination of data management and information technology activities. It provides data integration, management, architecture, and governance on behalf of the department as well as application development and information technology support for multiple divisions.
The Office is fundamentally changing the way in which information technology services are provided using a business-centric, model-driven approach to information management. The Office has published the DBHIDS Data Governance Framework, consisting of both a strategic plan and an implementation plan. The Office coordinates activities around Web 2.0 collaboration and communications. It leads the efforts of the DBHIDS Data Stewardship Council and participates on the DBHIDS Data Governance Executive Board. It serves as the Data Governance Office for the department.
There are three operational groups within the Office of the Chief Digital Officer.
Enterprise Data Services (EDS) Group
The EDS Group is led by Barbara Bunkle, Ph.D., Director of Enterprise Data Services. It includes units responsible for enterprise Data Architecture, Data Integration, and Business Intelligence. These teams guide data collection, integration, quality, and reporting efforts for the department.
- Enterprise Data Architecture Unit – this team is led by Charles Parrish, DBHIDS Data Architect. It develops data standards and practices, coordinates reviews of data-related projects, supervises master data management, creates logical data models and documents reusable data assets.
- Development Services Unit – this team is supervised by Victor Argothy, Ph.D., Development Services Supervisor. It is responsible for developing and supporting data collection systems on behalf of multiple divisions, as well as coordinating the work of third-party vendors developing large-scale solutions.
- Data Integration Unit – this team is led by Nithya Sundararaman, Data Warehousing Team Leader. It manages the master data and data warehouse integration and verifies the quality of department data used for reporting and analysis.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Unit – this team is responsible for developing enterprise BI policies and practices, supporting the self-service enterprise BI platform, and implementing self-service tabular, KPI, and spatial reporting and analysis solutions.
Software, Network, and Platform (SNAP) Services Group
The SNAP Services Group is led by Tracie Stokes-Jackson, Director of SNAP Services. It provides network infrastructure management, application development, and IT support services to the Divisions of Behavioral Health Services, Intellectual disAbility Services, and Planning and Innovation, as well as the DBHIDS administrative units. It manages department-wide platforms and infrastructure. It provides IT and data warehousing help desk services.
- Support Services Unit – this team is supervised by TinaMarie Robinson, Support Center Supervisor. It is responsible for Tier 1 technical support for those locations supported by City IT staff, as well as various enterprise applications department-wide.
- Network Services Unit – this team is supervised by Anthony Beard, Network Administrator. It is responsible for network administration and assists the Support Services Unit with technical support.
- Platform Services Unit – this team is responsible for configuration and administration of multiple enterprise technology platforms, including our application server environment, our database environment, our BI platform, and out Internet/Intranet platforms.
Health Claims Quality Assurance (HCQA) Group
The HCQA Group is led by Karen Spencer, DBHIDS Health Claims Quality Assurance Manager. It is responsible for supervising, verifying, and supporting the claims-related activities of the contracted providers that provide services to the Behavioral Health Services Division.
IT Strategic Planning Function
In addition to these three operational groups, there is an IT Strategic Planning function coordinated by Sonyata Griffin on behalf of the Chief Digital Officer.
- DBHIDS Data Governance Framework Strategic Plan v2
- DBHIDS Data Governance Framework Strategic Plan v1 (deprecated)
- DBHIDS Data Governance Framework Implementation Plan v1
- DBHIDS Web 2.0 Strategic Plan
- DBHIDS Business Glossary v1
- Population Heath Data Presentation
“Better Informed, Better Health: How being data-informed is essential to a Population Health strategy”
- Leadership Team
- Division of Behavioral Health
- Division of Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Division of Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Division of Administration and Finance
- Division of the Chief Medical Officer
- Division of Planning Innovation
- Behavioral Health and Justice Division (formerly BHJRS)
- Contact Us
- P.A.C.E. Strategic Framework
- Grants Opportunities
- Voter Registration 2020
- DBHIDS Study Tours