Philadelphia Intellectual disAbility Services is an administrative entity under contract to Pennsylvania Department of Human Services to administer services in Philadelphia. IDS works with service providers to offer quality supports and services so individuals will have choices in their lives, meaningful relationships, and participation in their community as valued citizens.
In addition to supports coordination, if determined eligible for the waiver, services include but are not limited to: home and community habilitation; adaptive equipment; behavior and other therapies; habilitation services; and residential, respite, employment, and day services. For further information you can access the complete list of service definitions available from the Pennsylvania Home and Community Services Information System. Services for individuals are reimbursed by the Pennsylvania state treasury, primarily through the Medicaid waiver, a provision of the Social Security Act. A limited amount of resources may be available to individuals not in the Waiver.
What You Need to Know
- There may be waiting lists for Waiver services, but all eligible individuals receive supports coordinator services at no charge.
- If you are not eligible for Medicaid waiver services, you will be helped to find other community services.
- If you are not registered to vote, you will be offered the opportunity to complete an application.
- It is important for all eligible individuals to register with Intellectual disAbility Services if he or she wants to receive services and supports.
Learn more about how to get started in accessing Adult Services.
Find out if you are eligible for IDS’ services.
Visit the IDS Resources page to learn about the array of resources available for adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Leadership Team
- Division of Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Communications Office
- Evidence-based Practice and Innovation Center (EPIC)
- Fiscal Division
- Division of Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Management Services Division
- Network Improvement and Accountability Collaborative (NIAC)
- Office of Addiction Services
- Division of Behavioral Health
- Office of the Chief Digital Officer
- Division of the Chief Medical Officer
- Division of Administration and Finance
- Division of Planning and Innovation
- P.A.C.E. Strategic Framework
- Grants Opportunities
- DBHIDS Study Tours