Community Services and Resource Guide (updated January 2023)
DBHIDS has updated its Community Resource Guide to provide members with information that will connect them to basic needs such as housing, food, employment, transportation, and technology. Our goal is to distribute this resource to all members accessing services throughout our system with the intent of ensuring people have information that can help them as needed. We are requesting that this resource guide be shared with members while they are receiving services and/or when a person is discharged from services. We see this guide as another step toward a whole person approach to care and sustained recovery.
Social Determinants of Health Toolkit
This toolkit serves as a guide to understanding the social determinants of health (SDOH), their impacts at the city, state, and national levels, and the City of Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services’ (DBHIDS) approach to improving behavioral health equity and population health overall.
Toolkit users will be able to:
1. Define and conceptualize various SDOH.
2. Understand facts and figures related to SDOH.
3. Identify at least three partnerships and projects that DBHIDS has undertaken to improve SDOH in Philadelphia.
4. Develop their own action plan for improving SDOH at an organizational level within their communities.
5. Use online resources to address SDOH in their communities