July 21, 2020
$50 million in grant funding is now available to help employers provide hazard pay to employees in life-sustaining occupations during the COVID-19 pandemic. A full press release outlining program details is available online.
Workers making less than $20 an hour are eligible for up to $1,200 in hazard pay over a 10-week period between Aug. 16 and Oct. 24.
The following applicants are eligible to apply:
- Healthcare Non-profits
- Public Transportation Agencies
- Certified Economic Development Organizations (CEDO)
Eligible Pennsylvania-based industries include:
- Healthcare and Social Assistance
- Ambulatory Healthcare Services
- Nursing and Residential Care Facilities
- Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation
- Food Manufacturing
- Food Retail Facilities
- Security Services for eligible industries listed above and commercial industries that were not closed as a result of the Governor’s Business Closure Order
- Janitorial Services to Buildings and Dwellings
Eligible applicants may apply for grants using the online DCED Electronic Single Application for Assistance located at esa.dced.state.pa.us from July 16 to July 31, 2020. Program inquiries may be directed to (717) 787-6245 or email@example.com.
We encourage you to apply to receive funds for your staff.