Do you or a loved one get Medicaid or CHIP coverage through the state? As of April 1, 2023, changes to federal law mean that you MUST renew your coverage every year or risk losing your coverage.
You will not lose your state health coverage without a chance to complete a renewal or update your information. When you complete your renewal, if you are no longer eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, you will automatically get connected to low- or no-cost health coverage so you can choose another health plan that’s right for you.
Take these steps right now to make your renewal easier:
- Update your contact information with the Department of Human Services. Having the correct address makes it easier to send you timely information in the mail.
- Sign up for email and text alerts so you get important information about your health coverage and your renewal.
- Check your renewal date then complete your renewal on time so that you do not risk your coverage.
You can do all these things online or on the phone:
- Going online to www.dhs.pa.gov/COMPASS
- Using the free myCOMPASS PA Mobile App
- Calling 1-866-550-4355 (215-560-7226 if you live in Philadelphia)
Complete your renewal and stay covered!