My City, My Place
Philadelphia Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS) is an administrative entity under contract with the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Programs to administer services in Philadelphia County. IDS works with the Commonwealth and service providers to offer quality supports and services so individuals will have choices in their lives, meaningful relationships, and participation in their community as valued citizens.
We at IDS keep the emphasis on “ability,” rather than disability, and so we use the big “A” and little “d” in spelling our name, which can be seen on our letterhead, signage, and websites. We are a division of the Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services, our departmental acronym is “DBHIDS.”
Respect and dignity toward all our citizens is one of the ways a great nation will be judged. DBHIDS is pleased to support the growing movement to eliminate stigma, and stop using the “r-word.”
People and their family members want to have an “everyday life” that is typical of the general population, and DBHIDS supports these values. To learn more about the Values, Beliefs, and Guidelines of Philadelphia IDS, use the links below.
You can keep track of IDS events by following the link below. Be sure to keep up to date on everything that’s happening in the city and within the IDS community.
- Leadership Team
- Division of Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Communications Office
- Evidence-based Practice and Innovation Center (EPIC)
- Fiscal Division
- Division of Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Management Services Division
- Network Improvement and Accountability Collaborative (NIAC)
- Office of Addiction Services
- Division of Behavioral Health
- Office of the Chief Digital Officer
- Division of the Chief Medical Officer
- Division of Administration and Finance
- Division of Planning and Innovation
- Grants Opportunities
- DBHIDS Study Tours