What is LifeSharing?
LifeSharing is an alternative living arrangement that places individuals with intellectual disabilities in Philadelphia of all ages within a caring household designed to provide a supportive environment to facilitate community integration and individual enrichment. LifeSharing is recognized as both a close personal relationship and a place to live. LifeSharers offer individuals the opportunity to be part of a family, and to participate in community life.
LifeSharing is a supported environment that enhances personal growth and increases community connections. LifeSharing providers not only support the individual, they support the entire family. “LifeSharers” who open their homes and their hearts to a person we serve also reap the benefits that come with giving, and enjoy both the growth of the person they support, as well as their own. Each LifeSharing success story is built one by one, and supported one by one. One person really can make all the difference.
Learn more about LifeSharing, because everybody deserves a family.
For more information about LifeSharing, please contact:
- Leadership Team
- Division of Behavioral Health
- Division of Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Division of Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Division of Administration, Finance, and Quality
- Division of the Chief Medical Officer
- Division of Planning Innovation
- Behavioral Health and Justice Division (formerly BHJRS)
- Contact Us
- P.A.C.E. Strategic Framework
- Grants Opportunities
- Voter Registration 2020
- DBHIDS Study Tours