Youth Mental and Behavioral Health Summit
September 24, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for the Youth Mental and Behavioral Health Summit, an event held to help equip providers and caretakers of youths engage in a trauma-informed, community-based system of care by identifying and addressing youth mental and behavioral health needs. All physical and behavioral providers and caretakers of youths across multiple sectors are welcome to attend.
Topics will include:
- Introduction to the local behavioral health care system
- Foundational underpinnings of youth mental health and effects on health outcomes
- Strategies to identify and address youth mental/behavioral needs
- Making referrals to community-based resources that serve youths
- Policy perspectives on early identification of needs
Speakers will include local experts on youth mental and behavioral health needs from Community Behavioral Health, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, DBHIDS, Nemour’s Children’s Health System, and Thomas Jefferson University. The summit’s keynote address will feature Dr. Steve Adelsheim, MD (Director, Stanford Center for Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing | Associate Chair for Community Engagement, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine).