Virtual GALILEO-W: Conference 2020: Collaboration Among Change-makers
May 2, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
This conference site houses video collections from our poster presenters, workshop session leaders, community organizations, and professional panels. Explore these videos, and submit questions now to win prizes, and tune in live May 2 as our presenters answer your questions, as well as discuss, with their co-presenters, how they may answer those questions across the disciplines and how we could work together towards solutions.
LIVE EVENT: Schedule and links below for May 2
- This event is free and open to the public.
- Click here to be taken to Virtual Site
Explore more information on Poster Presenters, Workshops Sessions, Panels
About the Conference: The Office of Graduate Studies in conjunction with the Phi Chapter of Alpha Epsilon Lambda (AEL) is proud to present: GALILEO-W: Graduate Students of Arcadia Leading an Interdisciplinary Lens to Explore Ourselves and the World Conference
Arcadia University’s Graduate programs are a collective of the strongest and brightest leaders of our community. With a strong aptitude to bring Arcadia University’s Lived Values into action. The conference is a multidisciplinary effort to bring the students from each of our graduate programs together to highlight their adaptability, fearlessness, and strong capacity for justice.
Live Event Schedule: Links to sessions will be found here and will go live May 2.
Live Poster, Workshop, Panel Collaboration Sessions:
- 10:00AM-11:00AM Poster Presenters Collaboration Session; Moderator: Shamaa Vora, MPH, MMS AEL President
- 11:30AM-12:30AM Workshop Presenters Collaboration Session; Moderator: Erica Hartmann, MPH, MMS AEL Community Volunteer Director
- 1:00PM-2:00PM Student, Alumni, Professional Panels Collaboration Session; Co-Moderators: Rebecca L. Craik, PT, PhD, FAPTA Dean, College of Health Sciences; Professor, Department of Physical Therapy; Rebecca E. Kohn, Ph.D. Vice Provost, Academic Planning and Faculty Affairs; Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
Community Partners Live Sessions:
- Arcadia University The Office of Social Innovation and Impact “Civic Engagement in the Time of Covid-19” Represented by Dr. Alison LaLond Wyant
- Arcadia University The Office for Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention & Education “ Represented by Alison Berk
- ACLM (American College of Lifestyle Medicine) Represented by Amy Jones, PA-C
- Arcadia University Public Health Society “Community Garden”Represented by Jiana Saigh, MPH(C), MAC(C) and Michelle R Odelberg, MPH(C) American Public Health Association Campus Liaisons
12:30PM-1:00PM Community Partners
- East African Center For The Empowerment of Women and Children Represented by Noelle Voges, MPH
- Department of Behavioral Health & Intellectual disability Services Represented by Rebekah Hughston
- Arcadia University Graduate Admissions Office Represented by Erin Kardon, MAC
- Arcadia University Counseling Services “Mindfulness” Represented by Mary Alice DiFlippo,MSHE CHES® ’14M
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia “Health Literacy in times of COVID-19 and Beyond” Christine Taylor, PT, DPT, MPH