Statewide Suicide Prevention Task Force Listening Session
September 26, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
On May 29, the governor of Pennsylvania announced the creation of a statewide Suicide Prevention Task Force. The goal of this task force is to bring together state agencies with differing responsibilities and constituencies to inform a comprehensive, statewide suicide prevention plan.
Suicide does not discriminate, and all ages, genders, regions, and socioeconomic statuses may be affected. Because of this, the task force is seeking public input on their ideas for suicide prevention, education around mental health and suicide, and how to dispel the stigma around suicide and mental health.
Public listening sessions will take place around the commonwealth beginning in September through November. Sessions are currently scheduled for:
- Thursday, September 12, 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Penn State Behrend – Erie, PA
- Thursday, September 26, 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Temple University – Philadelphia
- Thursday, October 10, 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Jewish Community Center – York, PA
- Thursday, October 24 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area – Additional Details Coming Soon
- Friday, October 25 – 10 a.m.-12 p.m. – Allentown – Additional Details Coming Soon
- Thursday, November 7 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Jewish Healthcare Foundation – Pittsburgh, PA
- Friday, November 8 – 10 a.m.-12 p.m. – Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA
- Friday, November 15 – 10 a.m.-12 p.m. – Southeastern Pennsylvania – Additional Details Coming Soon
You can register for the listening sessions here.
Please complete one registration per participant from your organization or family. If you would like to speak, please indicate that on your registration. Additional details on locations and parking will be sent ahead of each event.
Thank you for your support of Pennsylvanians affected by suicide.