Network of Neighbors: Trauma Responder Training (Day 3 of 3)
June 15, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
This 2.5-day training will equip attendees to support individuals and communities after incidents of violence. The two trainings included are:
- Psychological First Aid—an evidence-informed approach for assisting children, adolescents, adults, and families in the aftermath of disaster and terrorism
- Post-traumatic stress management -— a community-based acute trauma response intervention to be utilized in the wake of community violence
Trauma Responders who attend the full training will be equipped to offer group supports, which
- Foster the natural, human tendency to group together, seeking solace and safety after traumatic incidents
- Reduce acute traumatic stress common among survivors
- Refer to and access community based resources as needed
13 general CEU credit hours available.
Note: This is the third of three events in the training curriculum.