October 10, 2020
NAMIWalks is going to be a little different this year. We’re not canceling it – we wouldn’t think of it when our collective mental health needs are at their greatest. NAMI’s programs and advocacy are needed more than ever, and with your help, we are pleased to present a walk for our times, NAMIWalks Your Way Philly: A Virtual Event on Oct. 10.
What is NAMIWalks Your Way?
On Oct. 10, NAMIWalks will be a virtual experience and joined by NAMIWalks across the country. NAMIWalks Your Way means what it sounds like: participants get to make NAMIWalks their own. You can walk a 5K through your neighborhood, around your backyard, on your treadmill. Or you can do something else meaningful and fun to celebrate our virtual walk day.
What participants are doing on event day:
- Walking 3,500 steps for a 5K their way
- Planning a craft day with their kids
- Holding a virtual bake-off with their team
- Practicing self-care with a favorite hobby: yoga, gardening, knitting
- Doing a 5K on the treadmill or stationary bike
- Hosting a virtual paint and sip party
Take photos and videos and share your activity on a favorite social media with the link to your walk fundraising page and the hashtag #NotAlone and #MentalHealthForAll. Together we can make a difference for people affected by mental illness – Mental Health for All