Mental Health Virtual Chat & Chew
October 8, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until October 8, 2020
Now more than ever, we need ambassadors to help navigate the city’s mental health services. Join us on Zoom for this free virtual event.
MEE is working with the City’s Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services (DBHIDS) to activate community leaders as “navigators” who can help get their family, friends, and neighbors the support they need.
Join us on this virtual “Chat and Chew” to learn about key support services for behavioral health, how they meet the community’s needs and how you and others can access them.
If you live, work, or own a business in South Philadelphia, this is your chance to be a part of new training opportunities and make your voice heard so that DBHIDS can work for you!
Learn about navigating a complex system of local and Citywide resources, programs and support services for:
- Friends and family members struggling with opioids and other substance misuse issues
- Helping residents with a range of disabilities and mental challenges
- Overcoming adversities related to the stress and trauma of how COVID-19 has changed our lives
- Making sure returning citizens get the mental wellness support for successful re-entry
- Getting involved in prevention efforts and becoming part of a Drug-Free Coalition
Call MEE at (215) 796-9141 with any questions or for additional information.