Defining Allyship: Supporting Trans Communities
October 29, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
An interactive event focused on and how men of color can be allies for the transgender communities
Join the DBHIDS Engaging Males of Color and LGBTQ+ Initiatives in an interactive event focusing on issues affecting transgender communities in Philadelphia and how men of color can be allies to members of these communities. This event will feature a brief presentation, a panel with trans community leaders and a round-table discussion.
Participants will learn about:
- Issues that affect the overall health and well-being of trans individuals and communities
- How to demonstrate allyship with trans communities
- How allyship can mitigate stigma and promote wellness
- Is the event free of charge?
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The best option to get to the event is through public transportation.
If you intend on driving, please arrive early to allow you enough time to find street parking (very limited) or garage/parking lot for a fee.
- How do I access the building?
The entrance is on 8th Street between Market and Filbert streets. Make sure to bring your ID and sign in with the front desk staff. Once you are done, please take the elevator to Floor 7.