2019 Warm Hand-Off Regional Summit
March 21, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
In March and April, the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs and the Department of Health will host eight regional Warm Hand-off Summits. The purpose of each summit is to bring together stakeholders from the public and private sector across a range of disciplines to learn from experts and one another. Practical examples of successful warm hand-off tools and pathways will build on the success of last year’s summit.
Warm Hand-off Definition: The seamless transfer of opioid overdose survivors from emergency care to treatment providers.
The target audience for the summits includes the following as well as a host of professional organizations representing these stakeholders and the individuals who work for them:
- Behavioral health managed care organizations (BHMCOs)
- Centers of Excellence (COEs)
- Commonwealth agencies
- County/municipal health departments
- Drug and alcohol treatment facilities
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) regional directors
- Hospitals and healthsystems with emergency departments
- Pennsylvania Coordinated Medication Assisted Treatment (PacMATs)
- Recovery community organizations
- Single County Authorities (county drug and alcohol agencies)
- Veterans Administration Medical Centers in Pennsylvania
Attendance is free, but registration is required. Due to the large number of entities to be represented, please limit your organization/facility’s participation to a select few whose roles most closely align with the intent of the summit.
Click to register and for more information: 2019 REGIONAL SUMMIT REGISTRATION WARM HAND-OFF FOR OPIOID OVERDOSE SURVIVORS
Register by March 14.