2016 PRO-ACT Recovery Walk
September 17, 2016 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
September may sound like a long time from now but the most successful teams are registering and telling their friends about the Walk NOW! To those of us who share and care about recovery the multitude of 25,000+ participants speaks volumes. Every face has a story about a unique pathway to success. Join the celebration!
Tell your friends about PRO-ACT and let them know that donations to the Walk will help PRO-ACT to
- Provide hope that people do recover (23 million are in long-term recovery today)
- Provide support and resources to individuals and families working to achieve long-term recovery
- Eradicate discriminating public policies
- Increase awareness of the benefits of recovery
- Mobilize the recovery community to work toward increased funding for research, quality treatment and recovery support services
- Honor providers of treatment and recovery services
- Honor those who haven’t survived this chronic disorder
Anyone who supports recovery joins the Walk–you don’t need to be in recovery to join or support the Walk. This is a fun family celebration of recovery. Bring your kids, parents, grandparents, friends and the family dog! Witnessing the recovery of loved ones, friends and acquaintances teaches us to have faith in people on a pathway to recovery.