Behavioral Health Special Initiative
The BHSI Program functions as a managed care organization authorizing each patient’s care according to clinical/medical necessity (based on the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria) and referring them to a network of licensed drug and alcohol treatment providers across the region.
In addition to ongoing coordination with the Office of Addiction Services, the BHSI program works with the other components of the City’s Department of Behavioral Health/MRS: Community Behavioral Health and the Office of Mental Health. This allows the program to better meet the needs of clients whose funding eligibility fluctuates between medical assistance and non-medical assistance status as well as clients who have co-occurring disorders (mental health and subtance use disorders).
Staff of this program is composed of dedicated individuals with significant clinical background and knowledge of substance abuse, mental health and health care issues as well as other staff with expertise in billing and computer skills. BHSI is not an entitlement program and has guidelines for treatment.
PMHCC provides critical administrative support to the BHSI Program through its fiscal component, information and human resources management and a variety of other managerial elements.
BHSI Service Management
801 Market St., Seventh Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
PMHCC Case Management
1601 Market St., Seventh Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19109
- Leadership Team
- Commissioner's Office
- Behavioral Health Division
- Single County Authority
- Network Improvement and Accountability Collaborative (NIAC)
- Contracts & Budgeting
- Behavioral Health Crisis Intervention Services
- Coordinated Consumer Services (CCS)
- Housing and Homeless Services
- Southeast Regional Planning and Implementation
- Crisis Intervention Team Training (CIT)
- Division of Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Division of Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Division of Administration, Finance, and Quality
- Division of the Chief Medical Officer
- Division of Planning Innovation
- Behavioral Health and Justice Division
- Contact Us
- P.A.C.E. Strategic Framework
- Grants Opportunities
- DBHIDS Study Tours