Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
The Office of the Chief Information Officer is responsible for department-wide coordination of data management and information technology activities. It provides data integration, management, architecture, and governance on behalf of the department as well as application development and information technology support for multiple divisions.
The Office is fundamentally changing the way in which information technology services are provided through the use of a business-centric, model-driven approach to information management. The Office has published the DBHIDS Data Governance Framework, consisting of both a strategic plan and an implementation plan. The Office coordinates activities around Web 2.0 collaboration and communications. It leads the efforts of the DBHIDS Data Stewardship Council and participates on the DBHIDS Board of Data Governors. It serves as the Data Governance Office for the department.
The key units within the Office of the Chief Information Officer include:
- Enterprise Data Management Office – the EDM Office is led by Dan Paolini, Chief Information Officer. It includes the Data Integration & Architecture, Business Intelligence & Analytics, and Health Claims Quality Assurance units which are responsible for logical data modeling, business glossary management, master data management, data warehousing and business intelligence reporting and analysis.
- Data Integration & Architecture Unit – this team is led by Charles Parrish, DBHIDS Data Architect. It develops data standards and practices, coordinates reviews of data-related projects, supervises master data management, creates logical data models and documents reusable data assets. It manages the master data and data warehouse integration and verifies the quality of department data used for reporting and analysis.
- Business Intelligence & Analytics Unit – this team is led by Barbara Bunkle, Ph.D., DBHIDS Business Intelligence & Analytics Director. It is responsible for implementing self-service tabular, KPI, and spatial reporting and analysis solutions.
- Health Claims Quality Assurance Unit – this team is led by Karen Spencer, DBHIDS Health Claims Quality Assurance Manager. It is responsible for supervising, verifying, and supporting the claims-related activities of the contracted providers that provide services to the Behavioral Health Services Division.
- IT Coordination – Sonyata Griffin is the department’s IT Planning Coordinator and is responsible for planning and coordination of all IT initiatives, and department Web 2.0 initiatives.
- Technology, Development, and Support Organization – this organization is led by Tracie Stokes-Jackson, TDS Director. It provides network infrastructure management, application development, and IT support services to the Divisions of Behavioral Health Services, Intellectual disAbility Services, and Planning and Innovation, as well as the DBHIDS administrative units. It manages department-wide platforms and infrastructure. It provides IT and data warehousing help desk services.
- Technology Services – this component is supervised by Anthony Beard, Network Administrator.
- Development Services – this component is supervised by Victor Argothy, Ph.D., Development Services Supervisor.
- Support Services – this component is supervised by TinaMarie Robinson, Support Center Supervisor.
- DBHIDS Data Governance Framework Strategic Plan v2
- DBHIDS Data Governance Framework Strategic Plan v1 (deprecated)
- DBHIDS Data Governance Framework Implementation Plan v1
- DBHIDS Web 2.0 Strategic Plan
- DBHIDS Business Glossary v1
- Population Heath Data Presentation
“Better Informed, Better Health: How being data-informed is essential to a Population Health strategy”
- Leadership Team
- Division of Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Communications Office
- Evidence-based Practice and Innovation Center (EPIC)
- Fiscal Division
- Division of Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Management Services Division
- Network Improvement and Accountability Collaborative (NIAC)
- Office of Addiction Services
- Division of Behavioral Health
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Division of the Chief Medical Officer
- Division of Administration and Finance
- Division of Planning and Innovation
- Grants Opportunities
- DBHIDS Study Tours