- Recovery in Motion
Recovery in Motion
“Recovery in Motion: Peddling Toward Wellness,” is a bike ride in celebration of behavioral health recovery.
2018 Recovery in Motion Ride
A Bike Ride to Celebrate Recovery. The Inaugural Recovery in Motion ride is a 4.3-mile easy-pace course beginning and ending at the Dell Music Center. (See the map below for the exact course for the ride.)
To register for the ride prior to the day of the event, please visit the Recovery in Motion: Peddling Toward Wellness event page. If you or your organization would like to have a table at the event’s starting location, visit the Ride for Recovery Resource Table Sign-Up Page.
Day-of event registration and bike rental will start at 10 a.m., and vendor setup begins at 9 a.m.
Bring your bike or reserve an Indego bike in advance, or call 215-910-9206. Indego bikes are limited. You must be 14 years of age or older to ride an Indego bike. All events will originate at the Dell Music Center parking lot, located on Strawberry Mansion Drive near 33rd Street.
Rest stops are scheduled for the following points during the 4.3-mile route:
- Hank Gathers Recreation Center, 25th and Diamond streets (B on the map above)
- 22nd Police District, 17th and Montgomery streets (C on the map above)
- MLK Recreation Center, 22nd and Cecil B. Moore (D on the map above)
In preparation for this bike ride, event co-sponsor Indego will offer the following free courses for interested participants:
- Pedaling Toward Wellness Urban Riding Basic Class, Saturday, April 21, 2018, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Mander Playground, 2140 N. 33rd St., Philadelphia
- Pedaling Toward Wellness Learn to Ride Class, Saturday, April 28, 2018, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Mander Playground, 2140 N. 33rd St., Philadelphia
The following groups and individuals are sponsoring the ride: