What to Bring When You Meet with Us
If you are eligible, a registration appointment will be scheduled at IDS. You will be asked to bring:
- Personal and demographic information
- Social Security card
- Medicaid or Access card
- Birth certificate
- Any supporting medical or psychiatric evaluations
IDS will request that you provide a completed physical exam form to the Supports Coordinator.
If you are not receiving Medical Assistance and are eligible, we will provide you with information on how to enroll.
Step 1: Meet with a Registration Specialist
The Registration Specialist will complete forms with you and your family. This includes the waiting list form, application for waiver services (if applicable), services preference, voter registration, and a social summary.
Step 2: Discussing Services
The registration specialist will help you begin to plan by discussing services you may need and offer you a choice of a supports coordination organization (SCO).
More information about SCOs
Step 3: Eligibility Notification
Within 10 days after the registration process is complete, you will receive an eligibility determination letter. Your rights in the mediation and appeal process will be included in the letter.
Step 4: Refer to an SCO and Develop an ISP
Within two weeks later you are referred to the SCO, you will be assigned to a supports coordinator. The supports coordinator will help you develop an individual support plan (ISP), as well as identify, locate, coordinate, and monitor community and system services and supports. Please note that you can transfer your SCO at any time you are not satisfied with services.
Additional information about state-funded benefits are available on the Compass website.
- Leadership Team
- Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Communications Office
- Evidence-based Practice and Innovation Center (EPIC)
- Fiscal Division
- Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Management Services Division
- Network Improvement and Accountability Collaborative (NIAC)
- Office of Addiction Services
- Office of Mental Health (OMH)
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Office of the Chief Medical Officer
- Strategic Planning and Innovation Division
- Grants Opportunities
- DBHIDS Study Tours