Evidence-Based Practices and DBHIDS
Over the past several decades, researchers have identified a growing number of practices that are effective in supporting people with behavioral health challenges. These evidence-based and innovative practices are important components of a resilience and recovery-oriented behavioral health system. Therefore, DBHIDS has partnered with researchers, treatment experts and providers to promote the delivery of behavioral health evidence-based practices throughout Philadelphia.
The Evidence-based Practice and Innovation Center (EPIC)
EPIC was established in 2013 to advance system-wide strategies that support the implementation, sustainability and accessibility of behavioral health evidence-based practices in Philadelphia.
Activities of EPIC include:
For more information, please contact EPIC Director Ronnie Rubin, Ph.D., or Operations Specialist Shawna Weaver, LCSW. They can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EPIC Brochure
- Drs. Arthur Evans and Aaron Beck Discuss Evidence-Based Practices
- Learn about Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- For additional resources, visit the EPIC Resources page
- Application for Outpatient and Residential Treatment Providers to Join the Philadelphia Alliance for Child Trauma Services (PACTS)
EPIC in the News
- Have a Challenging Child? Evidence-Based Therapy May Help You Cope, Philly.com, Dec. 18, 2016