Engaging Males of Color (EMOC) Initiative
Engaging Males of Color (EMOC) is a targeted initiative designed to address the impact of health, economic, and educational disparities experienced by males of color. The DBHIDS EMOC Committee is made up of a culturally diverse group of men (African-American, African, Asian, Caribbean, Latino) of all ages working in collaboration with community members, academic advisers and system partners to achieve its Vision and Mission.
The EMOC Initiative aims to cultivate equity and is designed to address the impact of health, economic, and educational disparities experienced by males of color throughout the Philadelphia region, and improve their overall quality of life.
This initiative seeks to promote an enhanced awareness of the behavioral health challenges experienced by males of color across Philadelphia. EMOC’s goal is to improve the health status of males of color by increasing behavioral health literacy and access to resources and services, while reducing stigma and known disparities and building system capacity, in order to sustain wellness.
Find out when the latest EMOC events are being held by checking out the DBHIDS Events calendar.
Connect with EMOC
For questions or inquiries about DBHIDS’ EMOC Initiative, please contact:
- Leadership Team
- Division of Community Behavioral Health (CBH)
- Communications Office
- Evidence-based Practice and Innovation Center (EPIC)
- Fiscal Division
- Division of Intellectual disAbility Services (IDS)
- Management Services Division
- Network Improvement and Accountability Collaborative (NIAC)
- Office of Addiction Services
- Division of Behavioral Health
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Division of the Chief Medical Officer
- Division of Administration and Finance
- Division of Planning and Innovation
- Grants Opportunities
- DBHIDS Study Tours