Public Education & Training
DBHIDS is dedicated to promoting healthy behaviors and healthy communities through education and awareness building strategies. DBHIDS has developed a variety of comprehensive and easily accessible online resources and trainings to strengthen awareness of behavioral health tools, services and support available for individuals and families.
A virtual resource designed to provide awareness and education on behavioral health issues and to offer helpful information, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Healthy Minds Philly is home to:
- Behavioral Health Screenings: Quick, free and anonymous online screenings to learn whether you or someone you care about might be experiencing symptoms of behavioral health disorder.
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA): A public education program that teaches the skills needed to identify, understand, and respond to signs of behavioral health challenges or crises. First Aid is given until appropriate supports are received.
- Beating the Blues: The Beating the Blues program is an online tool that teaches a user cognitive behavioral strategies to manage mild to moderate anxiety and depression. This evidence based program is free to all Philadelphia residents and comes in eight weekly modules to complete.
Designed to support DBHIDS and other human services systems by planning, coordinating, and providing quality learning experiences in Behavioral Health for the entire system, including individuals and their family members, DBHIDS staff members and staff of other service provider organizations.
- Public Education & Training
- Prevention & Early Intervention
- Community Engagement
- Cross System Collaboration
- Innovative Treatment Services