Suicide Prevention Task Force
The Philadelphia Suicide Prevention Task Force (P-SPTF)’s mission is to work toward zero suicides in Philadelphia. This mission will be achieved through collaboration of all stakeholders and by engaging in a coordinated and integrated approach across the city.
Task Force Meetings
Meetings for the SPTF will take place at 1101 Market Street, Philadelphia. All meetings are open to the public.
- Thursday, Nov. 2, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., 7th Floor, Main Conference Room
- Friday, Sept. 29, Out of the Darkness Rally with Keynote Hevin Hines.
- Sunday, Oct. 1, 8:30 a.m., Out of the Darkness Walk, Philadelphia Art Museum. More information is available by visiting the Out of the Darkness Walk Event Page.
Connect with P-SPTF
To learn more, contact DBHIDS Director of Health Promotion Dana Careless.
- STAR Center Postvention Guide: The Services for Teems At Risk (STAR-Center) is a program that combines clinical and outreach services designed to combat the problem of adolescent suicide.The Postvention Guide and services have been used by numerous school districts across the country in dealing with the tragedy of teen suicide.
- Delaware County Intermediate Unit Postvention Practices Video: Created by the DCIU and the Pennsylvania Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative, this video offers ideas for schools on how to prevent youth suicide.